Become a Volunteer
If it weren't for volunteers, the Stephen Center wouldn't be what it is today. Volunteers are needed every day to assist with the activity around the shelter. We can accommodate individuals, groups and families to help within many areas and special projects. We also work with individuals who have Service Learning hours and court appointed Community Service hours.
The process to start volunteering at the Stephen Center is simple:
- Contact Stephen Center through email, phone call or walk in.
- Complete a Volunteer Application (located below)
- The Volunteer Coordinator will contact you and set up a meeting and tour.
- You will then be given training and an assignment.
If you are interested in volunteering at the Stephen Center please contact Holly Kaffenberger at 402.715.5445 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also electronically submit the following Volunteer Application and you will be contacted.
Areas you can get involved.
- Building and Yard
- Clerical (database entry, answering phones, office)
- Donations Assistant
- Event Organizer
- Food, Clothing or Toy Drive
- Food Pantry Organizer
- Front Door Host
- General Maintenance
- Guest Supplies Organizer
- Holiday Event and Celebration Team
- Life Skills Development
- Meal Prep
- Meal Server
- Overnight Host
- Parenting Class
- Reba’s Room Assistant
- Thrift Store Assistant